Figure 1：White Cloud Temple，Beijing
White Cloud Temple is one of the three Ancestral Temples of the Quanzhen Taoist tradition, located in the outside of Xibianmen in Xicheng District.
Figure 2：The archway of White Cloud Temple
White Cloud Temple was originally the Tianchang Guan ( Temple of Eternal Heaven) of the Tang Dynasty, it was built by the Emperor Tang Xuanzong for “purifying the mind and Worshipping the Tao” and offer sacrifices to Lao-tzu. So far, there is still one relic of the Tang Dynasty – white marble sitting statue of Lao Tzu. In the 5th year of Zhenglong in the Jin Dynasty (1160), Tianchang Temple was burned out by fire. In the 7th year of Dading (1167), it was rebuilt by order of the Emperor, which lasted for seven years, and it was named “ShiFang Tianchang Temple” granted by Emperor Shizong of Jin. In the 2nd year of Taihe (1202), Tianchang Temple was suffered from the fire unfortunately once again, only the Laojun stone statue was left, it was rebuilt in the following year, and renamed “Taiji Palace”, and the Taiji Palace was gradually abandoned afterwards.
Figure 3：Wo Feng Bridge of White Cloud Temple
The buildings of White Cloud Temple are divided into the Middle, East and West Road and the backyard, with compact layout on a grand scale.
Figure 4：Hall of Divine Inspiration of White Cloud Temple
Figure 5：Bell Tower of White Cloud Temple
Figure 6：Drum Tower of White Cloud Temple
The Middle Road takes the screen wall outside the temple gate as a starting point, in this order are the screen wall, archway, Huabiao, the temple gate, Wo Feng Bridge, Hall of Divine Inspiration, Hall of the Three Officials, Hall of the God of wealth, Salvation Hall, Yao Wang Temple, the Old Law Hall, Hall of Jade Emperor, Bell and Drum Tower, Hall of Master Qiu and the Sanqing Siyu Palace.